Saturday, November 12, 2011

Avion Perfecto

Pete Johnson (of Tatuaje) brings us the Avion.  This perfecto is box-pressed with a tapered foot, much like the Fuente Hemingway cigars.  There's plenty of information out there about the Avion line, which I believe was introduced this year at the 2011 IPCPR as an extension of the Fausto line.  The Avion is a partnership with Jaime Garcia at the My Father factory in Nicaragua. 

It is smooth, oily, and gives off a nice, rich scent of wood and caramel. 

I gave it a clip, and torched it up with my Xikar.  The draw is loose with some slight resistance. 

1/3: Spicy kick at the start, certainly a reminder that this is a "Garcia" stick.  My taste buds tell me that there is some cinnamon and a faint spice taste to start things off.  As I get further into the Avion Perfecto, the strength becomes more evident.  I wouldn't recommend this stick for newbies or lightweights.  The light gray ash held firm, but crooked at 1.5", so I gently knocked it off. 

2/3: Faint black pepper appears in the 2nd third.  The cigar still lets you know it is there, however its power has subsided somewhat.  Smooth, peppery smoke.

3/3: More pepper here.  Some strength returns. 

I picked up this vitola because they didn't have my normal preference of robusto or toro sizes.  Occasionally, it's nice to try something out of one's comfort zone.  Different vitolas provide a different experience, even with the same blends.  I'd like to get my hands on one of the aforementioned sizes for another go. 



Size: 6-3/4 x 48/52
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Maduro
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan (Jalapa/Esteli Ligero)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.