Friday, May 10, 2013

La Perla Habana Black Pearl Rojo (robusto)

I got this stick in a trade of budget cigars.  Produced at the Toraño factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, Black Pearl has several variations, and they seem to have a decent following. 

As per my ritual, I toasted the foot w/ my torch.

1/3:  The cigar is nice and firm.  The draw is on the tighter side, but acceptable.  Medium-bodied.  As with a a few other cigars I've had from time to time, I pick up a flavor that is difficult for me to describe.  Maybe it's nutmeg..  however another reviewer referred to it as a combination of tea and clove.

2/3:  The cigar is pretty consistent so far.  It is better than I expected, but that shouldn't mean too much as I hadn't done a lot of research into this brand before trying it.  I am used to seeing them in the catalogs rather than in the local B&Ms.

3/3: A little stronger in the final third, but still remains consistent.

I'd try it again, or at least another from the Black Pearl series.


 
Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Habana Criollo
Binder: Habana Criollo
Filler:  Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.