Friday, May 10, 2013

La Palina El Diario (robusto)

This is a Honduran cigar I hadn't been too familiar with, but was recommended by someone at my favorite B&M.  I must say, it's a good stick!  I used my punch cutter and my torch to toast the foot.  Unfortunately, I was meeting a friend this evening for a little celebration, so I did not do a full (or even a mini-review).  The cigar was good enough however, to put an entry on the blog.

The pre-light sniff revealed a deep earthy/musty smell.  I could tell there would be some richness, and I was right.  This cigar produced a nice amount of thick smoke - another thing I like.  It wasn't as much as you'd expect from a Liga Privada T52 (lots of smoke!), but quite enjoyable.

Sweet and spicy with a medium-bodied profile. 
Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Honduran Corojo ’99 Rosado
Binder: Honduran Criollo ’98 (x2)
Filler: Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 and Criollo ’98

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.