Saturday, May 1, 2010

Oliva Master Blends 3 (first post)


Plan is to review the cigars I try, the cigars I smoke regularly, and some beer and wine here and there. Who knows - maybe I'll find other stuff to "blog" about.

Starting with the MB3, can't write too much that "this" guy already didn't write about: http://mattscigar.com/2008/11/19/oliva-master-blends-3-chruchill/ his review is pretty much spot on, despite the fact that he reviewed a Churchill, while I reviewed what I believe to be a Robusto or Toro size. It was box pressed, which usually bugs me, but the construction was so top-notch, that it was hardly an issue. The first minute or so made me think that this was too complex and full-bodied for my tastes (typically medium body), however it very quickly mellowed out to a creamy, pleasant mild-medium smoke. As I moved into the final third, the pepper gradually kicked back in and the cigar headed towards full-bodied. The burn line was nice and even. It was enjoyed with a full glass of Charles Shaw Shiraz (aka 2 buck chuck). This cigar surprised me, although nothing from Oliva really should. The Oliva Serie O is currently one of my favorites.
4.5/5.0 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.