Friday, December 30, 2011

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estate

While this isn't my first No. 9, I believe this is the first one I've jotted some notes down for.  It's no secret that one of my favorite cigars is the LP T52.  While that cigar is stalk-cut, the No. 9 is not.  It is, however also very rich and meaty.  When I can't get my hands on the 52's, I certainly don't mind smoking the 9's.  If both the 52's and the 9's are unavailable, the Undercrowns are another nice option by Liga Privada (Drew Estate).  While Drew Estate is most well-known for its flavor-infused lines, the Liga Privada line (traditional cigar blends) are truly outstanding.

The wrapper on the No. 9 is beautifully dark and oily.

1/3: One inch in, and the burn line is perfect.  That familiar rich and hearty flavor is ever-present.  There's really no spice or pepper.  This stick is more earthy in flavor.  Notes of unsweetened cocoa.  The No. 9 produces thick clouds of smoke, and even at rest, lots of smoke is pouring out of it.  The ash is mostly white.

2/3: Consistent and smooth.

3/3: More of the above...again, quite consistent.

These cigars look great, are well made, and taste exquisite.  I recommend any of the Liga Privada lines, however beware: a developed palette may be required to truly enjoy what this stick has to offer.  


Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Ligero Oscuro
Binder: Brazil
Filler: Honduran/Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.