Monday, January 9, 2012

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo (robusto)

No photo of this one.  I smoked this once before, and wasn't impressed.  I thought I'd give it another shot, since my tastes have continued to evolve since the previous AB Tempus.

The cigar itself looks quite nice.  The wrapper is handsome, and the double-band gives it the premium look.  Now for the taste.  Cut with my Xikar Xi2, toast the foot, and here we go.

1/3: Pepper.  The draw is good, with some nice resistance.  The burn isn't bad, but a little wavy.  An inch+ in, and it's mellowing a little bit. 

2/3: This stick (just like the last one I smoked over a year ago) has gone slightly bitter.  Unfortunately, it doesn't get any better for me. 

3/3: Didn't bother. 

Since the reason for my starting this blog was to keep track of what I try, I'm not going to lose any sleep skipping notes for the final third.  This stick has underwhelmed me for the second time.  Both were purchased at different times, from different places, and were smoked in different conditions.  I think it is safe to say that I'm just not a fan.  While I haven't tried all they make, I've have had some other AB smokes, and so far, the only one I would consider buying in quantities is the Family Blend.  Oh well, to each his own.

Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Honduras Criollo 98
Binder: Honduras, Nicaragua
Filler: Honduras Criollo 98, Indonesian Embetunada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.