Saturday, February 25, 2012

La Sirena The Prince

I've got a La Sirena "The Prince" here that has a band that nearly runs the 5 inch length.  Certainly eye-catching.  A guy in the humidor said he really liked them, and the dude behind the counter had good things to say too, so I gave it a straight clip with my xi2 and toasted the foot before drawing on it.  This "Pepin" Garcia and Miami Cigar stick has a nice chocolate bar appearance to it.  The double cap is noticeable but straight.  The band has a nautical theme going on here.  While sitting in one of the old barber shop chairs at Cigars & More, the guy in the chair next to me tells me that he had a hell of a time removing the band when he smoked this cigar.  It didn't give me any trouble though, and while I did have to remove it early (for obvious reasons), I was surprised to see another band beneath it at the halfway mark.  Interesting...  I wonder how much of the cost of this cigar came from the bands.  Underneath the large band, is a rather large vein - fortunately, it doesn't cause any issues with the experience, and it does not extend to the cap.

1/3: Initial blast of pepper on the light.  The strength is evident right up front.  It is full-bodied and full strength, undoubtedly.  After the first inch, it maintains its profile, but really smooths out.

2/3: I'm liking this cigar in part because there are certainly twists and turns, and each puff seems to be better than the last.  This section is predominantly woody, transitioning to rye toast. 

3/3: Additional smoothness and flavor changes into the final third.  Interesting floral notes are present.

I didn't have any expectations going into this smoke, other than that it would be full-bodied, but it was very enjoyable.  You can't complain about a cigar that starts out good and gets progressively better for over an hour.


Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.