Friday, September 27, 2013

My Uzi Weighs a Ton (robusto) by Drew Estate

This is my second MUWAT, with the first being a smaller vitola.  I found that the pre-light sniff revealed a musty scent at the foot.  The wrapper had a crispness to it, and showed some veins and seams.  This cigar was packed to the brim, although it did not adversely affect the draw at all.  I opted for a punch cut, and as usual, I toasted the foot before puffing away.

1/3: The first few draws were crisp and had a little bit of bite.  The draw is good.  I'm impressed with the quality of this stick, and the white ash (which signifies a higher presence of magnesium in the soil it was grown in) contrasts nicely against the dark shade San Andres Maduro wrapper.  Plenty of "at rest" smoke coming off this one.

2/3: In the 2nd third, the cigar has gotten bolder.  I pick up notes of cedar and leather at this point.

3/3: The cigar is burning hotter in its final third.  The cap fell off, but isn't posing a problem.  I've had no need for a lighter after the initial lighting ritual.  No touch-ups make me a happy smoker!
Wrapper: San Andres Maduro
Binder: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Filler: Brazil, Nicaragua
Size: 5-1/2 x 52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.