Saturday, April 25, 2015

Regius Exclusivo U.S.A. (Fat Perfecto)

From Regius Cigars of London, we have the Exclusivo U.S.A. Fat Perfecto, purchased at Casa de Montecristo in Countryside, Illinois (one of the only places stateside that this cigar can be bought). These are rolled in the Plasencia Factory.  

The Fat Perfecto is a classy looking cigar.  It has a pig tail cap, and a nice leathery wrapper that is fairly light in shade.  I went with a straight clip and a torch to start things off.

1/3:  Good draw.  Right from the get-go, I recognize an unusual, grassy after taste.  I can't put my finger on it, but it seems to be muted roughly 10 minutes in to the smoke.  At this point, the draw has gotten a little more loose, but there is still some resistance.  The cigar seems to be well-constructed.

2/3: That funky, grassy aftertaste is still present.  While this vitola is dubbed the "strongest in the range" of the Exclusivo U.S.A. line, I find it to be mild to medium both in body and strength. 

3/3: The cigar is advertised as one where the "bouquet of flavours and aromas really open."  Not so much for me.  I found the cigar to be quite consistent.  It was pleasant, but the slightly unusual flavor has me debating whether or not I want to try another Regius, possibly in a different vitola at some point.  The burn line was slightly jagged, but resulted in no issues besides cosmetics. 

For me, the best part of the smoke with the final 2 inches.  At this point, I picked up a fullness that I hadn't noticed previously. 
  
Size: 5-3/4 x 60 x 5
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.