Thursday, September 20, 2012

Toraño Exodus 1959 / 50 Years (robusto)

Believe it or not, I think that this may be the first Carlos Toraño cigar I've tried.  I don't know why it took me this long, perhaps I just never heard anything all that exciting about the brand.  Regardless, I asked one of my trusted B&M tobacconists to point me in the direction of a great Toraño to start with.  As I've shown a recent preference for punch cuts with my robusto sizes lately, this time will be no different. 

The foot has a distinct smell of cedar.  The appearance shows some visible veins and seams.  After toasting the foot, I'm ready to see what the Exodus 59/50 has to offer. 

1/3: The flavors I'm picking up are first a mild peppercorn, followed by baker's chocolate and some floral.  The burn is good, as is the draw.

2/3: The cigar has been kept at a constant 65/65 for the last several weeks, so I'm not quite sure why it is smoking a little "wet."  It's kind of chewy and moist at this point, which isn't affecting the draw a lot, but definitely to a noticeable degree.  My best description of the flavor is: dirt...  wet dirt.  Shall I call it mud? 

3/3: In the final third, it remains moist.  I'm getting a faint hint of cinnamon, and as I get down to the nub there's some bitterness.  Not overwhelming bitterness, but it is present.

The cigar is middle of the road, as far as I'm concerned.  I took a peek at some other reviews just now, and it appears that my experience was a little different from others' (sweet, creamy, leather, dark chocolate). 


Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Brazilian Arapiraca Sun-Grown
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua (Esteli & Pueblo Nuevo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.