Saturday, April 26, 2014

HC Series Maduro Belicoso

Another release from Xikar, the Kansas City company that brings you cigar accessories with lifetime warranties, the cigar being smoked is the lower-price point, HC Series Maduro.  Jesus Fuego is the man responsible for this blend. 

Anyways, this cigar has a beautiful appearance.  The Nicaraguan and Dominican long-fillers are draped in an oily, leathery wrapper that looks quite enticing.  I opted to pair this stick with a sweet, caffeinated ginger soda (Ale 8 - tasty stuff!).  I used my V-cutter, and toasted the foot before taking my first draw.

1/3: Right off the bat, the cigar gives off plenty of smoke.  It is certainly an admirable start to a "budget" cigar.  If it proves to smoke well all the way through, I could see myself having several on-hand.  Makes me wonder how my favorite vitola stacks up (robusto size).  The taste is a typical mild tobacco one.  I wonder if my choice in beverage was not well thought out, because I'm tasting mostly soda, and struggling to identify tasting notes of the cigar.  I think I'll need to sample another one...

2/3: Same experience as in the 1st third.  The combination of strong soda and the cold Wisconsin air (yeah, I smoked this one before the weather really started to warm up) are playing with my taste buds.  The stick did require a re-light in the 2nd third, but at this point, I think I've decided to try this one again under different circumstances.  I've heard that the flavor may be lacking a little in these smokes, but I will reserve judgment until I've tried another. 

3/3: Too cold outside to finish it. 
Wrapper: Habano Connecticut Oscuro
Binder: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Filler: Nicaraguan and Dominican
Size: 6.0 x 54

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.