Sunday, May 4, 2014

Romeo Bocados Gorditos by Romeo y Julieta

I don't smoke a ton of stuff from Altadis, but I found a nice closeout price on this size of Romeo.  This cigar is supposed to be an entirely new blend, and it is also a stronger one.  That caught my interest.  This particular size appears to be more limited, based on some research I have done.  The wrapper has a nice oily sheen to it, and some veins are visible.  The cigar is tight and compact, but still allows for a good draw.  The pre-light draw has a pleasant taste.  I cut it with my punch, and toasted the foot.  I chose to pair this smoke with lemonade.

1/3: Initial taste reveals pepper and mild leather.  The burn line is slightly uneven.  The cigar has a nice weight to it.  

2/3: More of a meaty presence, towards the back of the mouth in the 2nd third.  A touch-up was necessary  to fix the uneven burn, which had started to get worse.  

3/3: Cedar notes are present in the final third.  For the closeout price of $3.99, I think I got my money's worth, however I'm not making plans to purchase a box. 
Wrapper: Select Dark Ecuadorian Habano
Binder: Dominican Piloto
Filler: Dominican Piloto and Olo
Size:4.0 x 60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.