Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Curivari Buenaventura BV560

It's been awhile since I've smoked one by the boutique cigar maker, Curivari.  They've been in the States for close to 4 years now, but had a presence across the pond since around 2003.  The Buenaventura (meaning: Good Fortune) was first introduced at the IPCPR 2012 trade show.  It was introduced to me by one of the owners of my favorite B&M.  She explained to me that it was priced very well, and at less than $6 per stick, that's true!  It happens to be a Nicaraguan puro (all tobacco grown in Nicaragua) which tends to be something I like.  Cigar Aficionado just so happened to rate it a 94.  The stick is an attractive one, with a nice wrapper and an oval box-press shape.  They say that the box-press was originally made so that sailors wouldn't risk having their cigars roll around on deck.  I cut it with my punch, and used a torch to toast the foot.

1/3: A slightly unusual taste kicked things off with the Buenaventura, although it was pleasant nonetheless.  This cigar give off plenty of smoke.  The burn line is decent, although not perfect.  Definitely tasting some creaminess here.

2/3: This is a consistent smoke into the 2nd third.  A few relights were necessary.  Some leather, some nuttiness; the flavors remain fairly consistent from third to third. 

3/3: A few more relights into the final third.  The stick got slightly chewy as well. 

This is a nice stick (at a fair price) for when you want to mix things up a little bit.  I don't see myself stocking the humidor with them, but it was a nice change of pace.
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size:5-1/2 x 56

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.