Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rocky Patel The Edge Habano (toro)

Rocky has so many labels out there, it is getting difficult to keep track of them.  When my palate was into lighter-bodied smokes, the Edge Lite was my go-to cigar.  From there, I have enjoyed the Edge Sumatra, and I was excited to try the Habano, since it happens to be a Nicaraguan puro!
Pre-light sniff revealed a traditional tobacco scent.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I used a punch, and quickly became concerned because the draw was really loose (pre-light).  After toasting the foot, and allowing the cigar to do its thing, I ended up not experiencing any issues.  The draw was on the looser side, however once lit, the resistance was acceptable. 

1/3: Predominantly cedar in the 1st third.  Decent burn line, draw corrected itself.  No need for touch-ups or relights so far.

2/3: Thicker smoke is present in the 2nd third.  The experience is very pleasant.  Mild-medium strength at this point. 

3/3: Still no relights or touch-ups.  Notes of spice and pepper become more noticeable in the final third.  Sadly, towards the end, this stick got moist and meaty.  I would try this one again sometime. 
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size:  6.0 x 52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.