Thursday, June 26, 2014

Illusione R Rothchildes

Now here's a nice little prize!  Illusione puts this little guy out for $3.99 a stick.  This size is perfect for when you just don't have a few hours to kill, but want a premium smoke that you don't have to smoke halfway and leave sitting on an ashtray.  I'm not one for relighting cigars that have been sitting for more than a few minutes, but not everyone's like me.  This cigar is nice and leathery, with a deep brown-colored wrapper.  Some veins are visible, cause, well... leaves have veins, don't they?  I'm still in the habit of opting for the punch cut, so I removed a circular piece of the cap, toasted the foot, and dove right in.

1/3: Woodiness is the first flavor I pick up on.  It's pretty heavy at first too.  Then comes the cocoa. 

2/3: Milk chocolate catches my attention at the beginning of the 2nd third.  There's creaminess present, and the draw is quite good.  At it's strongest, this cigar is medium-strength so far.

3/3: In the final third, the Rothchildes is fuller, bolder, and slightly meaty. 

At this price point and size, I've purchased a handful of these little sticks and enjoyed them throughout the summer.  Good stick and at good price.  Go get you some!
Size: 4-1/2 x 50
Wrapper: Mexican San Andres
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.