Monday, June 16, 2014

Hoyo de Monterrey Reposado Sueño (Robusto)

I've had this cigar in the humidor for a couple of years now, I believe.  Finally gave it a shot.  I decided to use a straight cut, and one of my trust Xikar torches.  Veins are present in the Sumatra wrapper, and the color is a nice shade of brown. 

1/3:  Nutty taste and milk chocolate notes.  Of course, some cedar taste is present.
2/3 - 3/3: More of the same.

This is definitely a mini-review here.  The cigar was medium-bodied, but due perhaps to the humidor time, I didn't catch a lot of complexity here.  It was a decent smoke, but didn't blow me away, nor did it turn me off.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, I suppose.

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: U.S. Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua
Size: 5-1/4 x 54 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.