Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Illusione mk Ultra

I'm a fan of the Illusione 88 and MJ12.  mk Ultra came recommended, so why not?  The wrapper is veiny, with a milk chocolate coloring.   I used a small punch cutter and a torch on the foot.  I paired this cigar with some brandy.

1/3: Strong leather notes start this Illusione off. Unfortunately, the burn is rather uneven. It seems to have corrected itself at nearly an inch in. I've seen it compared to the Dirty Rat by Drew Estate (Liga Privada). The ash is not very attractive, in fact it is rather ugly and flaky. The draw, however is pretty good.  Pepper flavor presents itself at about an inch in, along with some floral notes. I'm getting a slight irritation on the roof of my mouth. As I approach the 2nd third, the strength and flavor mellows out, then all of the sudden...

2/3: Bang! It's now burning my tongue a little.  Where did that come from?  A few re-lights are necessary to keep things moving along.  

3/3: More black pepper in the final third.  This stick had become fuller-bodied, and that's very evident at this point.  
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: 5.1 x 42 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.