Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Nat Sherman Timeless 556

I haven't smoked a Nat Sherman cigar in close to 16 years.  The new branding caught my attention, so I picked up the box-pressed, oval shaped 556.  The smell (pre-light) had a sweetness to it.  I went for a punch cut and toasted the foot, as per my usual ritual. 

1/3: The draw was on the loose side.  The sweetness recognized pre-light is also coming through during the 1st third.

2/3: In the 2nd third, some pepper shows up.  At this point, I would classify this cigar as being medium-bodied.

3/3: I don't always smoke my cigars all the way down, but this time I nubbed it.  It required a few re-lights/touch-ups throughout to keep producing nice clouds of smoke and to keep things burning smoothly.

Overall it was an enjoyable cigar, however I was not overly impressed, which is of some surprise to me as it was ranked #10 by Cigar Aficionado, and while I don't put a ton of stock in what CA's tasters have to say (everyone has different tastes, obviously), I do find myself wanting to try some of the cigars that they rate highly. 


Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Size: 5.0 x 56

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.