Sunday, July 6, 2014

Alec Bradley Black Market (toro)

I'm surprised at myself that I'd gone this long without trying the Alec Bradley Black Market.  I'm not the biggest fan of Alec Bradley cigars, but these are big sellers, which suggests that there are plenty of people out there who enjoy them.  I've got no problem investing an hour and half with a new cigar (at least one that's new to me). 

Note:  I sometimes hear people referring to Alec Bradley as "him" or "he."  Many know this, but Alec and Bradley are Alan Rubin's two son's names.   The new Lineage cigar (an offshoot of the Family Blend) is a tribute to the both of them.  I happen to enjoy both the original Family Blends and the Lineage. 

The cigar comes with the band you see below, which is underneath a large piece of paper with branding on it.  Pre-light scent of rich chocolate.  Minor veins are seen in the wrapper. I used a punch cut on the triple cap, and sadly it caused the cap to split a little bit.  It fortunately did not turn out to be a problem for me.  I toasted the foot with a torch, and readied myself for the experience of a new stogie.

1/3: The flavor of cedar is what caught my attention first.  Medium in body and strength, the 1st third is quite pleasant and smooth.  There's a small wave in the burn line, but hey, they can't all be razor straight.  Unfortunately, the cigar tunneled a bit, but nothing too bad that wasn't able to fix itself eventually.  Near the end of the 1st third, I picked up mild pepper and a light citrus or lemon grass flavor.

2/3: The 2nd third saw the shift from lemon grass to orange peel.  The smoke also seemed to get thicker.  Mild pepper showed up again as it transitioned into the final third.

3/3: The cigar strengthens in the last third.  I also noticed more of a presence through the nose.
Size: 6 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Filler: Panamanian and Honduran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.