Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Arganese Connecticut (robusto)

Warmer weather is on its way, so I suppose it's time to kick back and enjoy some new labels.  Advertised as a mild-medium bodied cigar, this would likely not have been something I would have chosen for myself, however it came in a sampler pack, gifted to me by a friend.  (I typically stay away from most Connecticut wrappers - call me a snob, but I find that many taste like newspaper.)  I understand that this was originally a private cigar made by and for Gene Arganese, however they are now mass produced with several blends available.

The appearance of the stick is pretty good.  The label is bold and eye-catching, and the wrapper itself is light-brown, with a double cap.  I used a straight cutter to clip the top.  The pre-light draw is easy, with no distinctive flavors to speak of.

1/3: Not a lot of complexity for me here, which is just fine sometimes.  If I don't have the time to dedicate to truly enjoying all of the nuances of a complex cigar; a simple, consistent smoke can be a good fit.  Mild pepper is what I taste in the 1st third without much of anything else.

2/3: More pepper.

3/3: Same.  If you're looking for a consistent smoke with pepper notes, this one will give it to you right down to the nub.  
Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.