Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fuente Fuente Opus X (Torpedo 52 X 5 1/4)

Thrilled to have another chance to try one of these sought after cigars.  In the past, I think I've had two of the Petite Lanceros.
This one has a larger ring gauge, and already I like it better.  Paired with Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewing.  Started by toasting the foot.  Initial draw was slightly loose, but corrected itself nicely.  Spicy at first, and mellowed a little after a few draws.  Nice, creamy, thick smoke.  I was expecting some strength from this full-bodied puro, so I ate some hummus beforehand.  First 1/4" was rich and creamy, and surprisingly mild.  I had a little jagged burn line, which could have just been from a poor light.  I touched it up, and the burn corrected itself.  Noticed a very pleasant, but not overpowering buzz just 1/2" in.

1/3 remained smooth, flavorful, and consistent.  Definitely enjoyed more than the smaller versions.  Did require a few relights as I approached 2/3.

From the second third into the last, the cigar remained fairly consistent with a bit of strengthening on the final stretch.  This cigar is certainly worth tracking down and spending the extra money on.  Not your everyday smoke, but without a doubt, a great way to reward oneself.

4.5/5.0 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.