Saturday, October 29, 2011

Curivari El Gran Rey Emperadores

So, I've had a few different Curivari cigars now, and while I've enjoyed them, they (for me) haven't been anything all that special.  Good, just not amazing.

As recommended, I paired my El Gran Rey with coffee.  I clipped it with my Xikar guillotine, and toasted the foot.  It lit up quite easily, without me needing to puff, check, blow, torch, etc..

1/3: Thick, creamy smoke right off the bat.  Nice!  I pick up toasted walnuts.

2/3: The draw has been nice and easy.  Flavors of mellow, aged tobacco.  It certainly is good with a strong cup of black coffee.

3/3: Starting the final third, there's some slight bitterness.  I chose to purge, and that seemed to do the trick.  I'm still getting nice clouds of thick smoke.  Some spice has been introduced.  Also now present is a little Vitamin N (nicotine).

Aside from the purging activity, I didn't need to touch up the cigar at all.  It burned well.  Decent smoke. 



Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
*From website: Authentic Cuban Seed Criollo and Corojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.