Monday, October 17, 2011

Patel Brothers Torpedo

Rocky Patel teamed up with his brother, Nish to blend this line of cigars under the Patel Bros. label.  I've heard some mixed reviews, so I decided to give one a smoke and decide for myself.  Rocky seems to have so many cigar lines out there, I wonder if he's diluted his brand.  Well, I guess he's not the only one to do it. 

This stick has a nice dark, toothy PA Broadleaf wrapper.  It smells rich and robust.  No soft spots.  Clip and toast....  Pepper on the light, with some thick puffs of smoke.  I've chosen to pair it with a bottle of Fat Tire.

1/3: Right off the bat, I'm having some minor burn line issues.  A quick touch-up with my Xikar torch, and the jagged edges are mostly fixed.  The taste is of a bold espresso.

2/3: The 2nd third starts with a somewhat tighter draw.  There's some oil seeping towards the head, so I choose to clip a little further down, and this vastly improves the draw problem.  Notes of dirt.  What is advertised as a full strength experience is so far medium in strength and body for me.  It is consistent and rather uneventful.

3/3: Same.  Relatively no increase in strength, and no real changes in flavor.

This cigar was okay.  Not great, not bad. 



Size: 6-1/4 x 52
Wrapper: Pennsylvania Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.