Thursday, July 18, 2013

Arturo Fuente Magnum R44 Rosado




This cigar came recommended to me, so I was happy to try a Fuente that I hadn't experienced before.  I used a punch cut, and noticed a slightly sweet pre-light draw.  The cigar has a slight box-press.  The wrapper has a reddish appearance, and appears to have a triple cap.  There are some noticeable veins, but they are thin and not protruding much.  As usual, I toasted the foot, and this time I've chosen to pair my cigar with Boulevard's The Sixth Glass.

1/3: Upon lighting, there is pepper.  

2/3: Predominantly notes of bakers chocolate and coffee.

3/3: A hint of raisin.

The burn line was a bit jagged throughout, but no runs.  The ash was also a little bit flaky.  The cigar was satisfying, with a good draw throughout.  No bitterness or acidity to the very end - I nubbed it. 




Size: 4-7/8 x 47
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Rosado Sun Grown
Binder: Dominican
Filler:  Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.