Sunday, July 14, 2013

Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso





This particular stick was given to me in October 2012 by a friend who had a box of these stored since 1999. Because the box was intact, the box-pressed shape held all this time.  I kept it in my humidor until July 2013. 

The cigar still has a rich, strong scent, with "barnyard" being more noticeable at the foot.  There was a whitish-powdery substance on the cap, which I clipped off with a straight cut.  The appearance of this cigar is dark, oily, and leathery, with some subtle veins.  I toasted the foot with a single-flame torch. 

1/3: Smooth and buttery.

2/3: Notes of toasted bread in the 2nd third.

3/3: Mild, but pleasant char taste to accompany the tobacco flavor. 

This cigar held up quite well, for being 14 years old! 




Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Blackened Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:  Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.