Tuesday, July 16, 2013

CAO Osa Sol Lot 50

On a bright, sunny day, I thought: What better day to try the CAO OSA SOL?  I'd given this cigar over a year's worth of humidor time.  I used a punch cutter, and then my torch to toast the foot.  For a change, I paired it with a nice, cold glass of pink lemonade.

The cigar was a little veiny, and the cap had some wrinkles in it.  Construction and appearance could be better.  This was the first new cigar to be released by CAO after some changes in leadership, i.e. Tim O. leaving the company, General Cigar takeover, etc..

1/3: Honestly, I found the flavors to be a little difficult to describe.  Ultimately, I'm going with earth and mild to medium tobacco. The ash fell on its own after about 1-1/2 inches.

2/3: Taste has shifted to leather.  From here on out, the cigar is burning hotter and the at-rest smoke has increased.

3/3: More of the flavor that I tasted in the 2nd third, however the cigar never cooled off, despite me slowing down (I wasn't smoking fast to begin with).  I didn't want it to go out, which it didn't, but the heat made it annoying to smoke. 

 Overall, the cigar wasn't bad.  As you can see from the photo, the burn line was actually pretty good.  Nothing about the cigar was exceptional, however.  I would smoke it again, but I'm not going to be seeking it out. 


  



Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Honduran Olancho San Augustin Sun Grown
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler:  Nicaraguan and Honduran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.