Monday, June 27, 2011

Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve - Corojo (toro)

Here, we've got a Rocky Patel OWR that I acquired last September on the Smoke on the Water cigar cruise in Chicago.  It's been kept perfectly since then, and yesterday having been a "perfect weather" day, seemed like a good time to light 'er up.  I haven't really seen many of these around in the B&Ms, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  The box-pressed cigar was well constructed, and it had a decent weight in-hand.  Predominant flavors of chocolate and aged tobacco, and overall it was smooth and medium to full bodied.  Another cigar with consistency rather than complex twists and turns.  I enjoyed it with some beer, both while kicking back and throwing the frisbee disc around the yard. 





I don't think I'll be scouring the shops in search of this cigar, but I did enjoy it.  Should one fall onto my lap again at some point, I'd probably keep it around for another lazy day around the house. 

*Speaking of RP cigars, I had the Edge Sumatra again on Saturday, and it was very good.  Seems to find a nice middle ground (strength-wise) between the Edge and the Edge Lite, with some flavors of its own.  Definitely a must try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.