Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Murcielago Capa Negra (box-pressed)

Murcielago, Spanish for "bat," is a cigar that has been hiding in the shadows for me (pun intended), and has been almost completely off my radar (pun intended again).  EO Brands (Erik Espinosa and Eddie Ortega) makes this one, with the help from master blender, Don Pepin Garcia.  What isn't Pepin involved with these days?

The appearance of the Murcielago is attractive.  It has a dark brown "Hershey bar" wrapper, with an oily look and feel.  Construction looks good.  As usual, I prefer to toast the foot...and here we go.

1/3: Nice spice to get things started.  Flavors for me aren't so easy to describe, but if pressed, I'd just say "Quality Tobacco."  Approaching the 2nd third, the ash has stayed on quite nicely. 

2/3: Still a quality, aged tobacco taste, now with notes of coffee mixed in.  The burn line is good, the cigar is not smoking hot or anything, and really I'm just enjoying it.

3/3: More of the same.  The strength increases somewhat, but this is definitely a consistent smoke.

I'd have another one of these - quite enjoyable.


Size: 6-1/8 x 50
Wrapper: Mexican San Andreas Maduro
Binder: Mexico
Filler: Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.