Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bahia Gold No.2 Belicoso

Gifted to me from my buddy, Amos, here we've got a nice looking torpedo by Tony Borhani.  After the clipping and toasting ritual, I get a slightly loose draw, and some nice billowy, light smoke. 

The 1st third is peppery with a hint of cinnamon.  A flaky, white ash is present.  You can literally see the oiliness in this cigar, because there is about a quarter-inch of "black" above the burn line.  Both my cigar, and my buddy's are burning with a lot of waviness.  There are actual curls along the burn line.

The 2nd third continues the wavy burn line, and I pick up more leather.  Medium-bodied stick all the way. 

The final third shows much of the same as the rest of the stick.  Mine was pretty enjoyable, however Amos's was not.  His humidor has been running a bit hot though, so I wouldn't hold too much stock in his lack of enthusiasm for this stick. 



Size: 6-1/2 x 54
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.