Sunday, September 4, 2011

CAO LX2 (robusto)

Not the biggest CAO fan here, but I happen to have a very nice humidor with the LX2 logo on it, so I figured, why not?  I'm glad I did, as this is a pretty decent smoke.

Initial thoughts are that this is an attractive, chocolately looking stick, that is firmly packed.  A very solid cold draw after the clip.  We're toasted and ready to go.

The 1st third revealed spice.  Good draw and burn.  This cigar is smooth and medium-bodied so far.  Good flavor to be had here. 

The 2nd third continued smoothly, with quality tobacco flavor.

The final third strengthened up a bit, with some nicotine making its presence known.  I've got a slightly wavy burn, but no issues to speak of.  The spice appears again, but stronger.  With a little over an inch to go, it is starting to burn a little hot.

I think I'd smoke one of these again sometime.  Probably not my first choice for a box purchase, but definitely worth a smoke if you see them in the local B&M.



Size: 5 x 48
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Dominican Republic & Nicaraguan Ligero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.