Sunday, September 25, 2011

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (robusto)

DPG's Cuban Classic is a nice looking stick, at a reasonable price. 

Pre-light: chocolate scent, nice draw

First few puffs have some mild spice, and despite what others have said, this cigar didn't give me any pepper up front. 

1/3: I would describe this cigar as Cuban-esque.  Very good burn line here, and notes of leather are most prominent.  Maybe this particular stick has been aging for quite awhile at the B&M, but I am not recognizing the DPG power that I expected.  That's not something negative necessarily, but an observation nonetheless.

2/3: More leather and some woodiness.

3/3: Consistent.  More of the same recognized in the previous two thirds.  I've read about some interesting flavors including berries, pepper, etc.. however I didn't taste them.  Cigars can smoke differently based on a number of variables both limited to the cigar itself (how long ago it was rolled, how long it has been stored and in what conditions) as well as the human factor.  I may be coming down with a cold, so my sense could also be a little off.

Regardless, I enjoyed this cigar - yet another of Pepin's that has smoked quite well.  No surprise there. 



Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.