Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto

 I've really enjoyed the My Father core line, so it was just a matter of time until I sampled the Le Bijou 1922.  I was told that kicks up the strength a few notches.

I cut and toasted this handsome cigar, and here's what I thought:

1/3: MAJOR power up front with plenty of black pepper.  After about a 1/2" or so, it settled in nicely.  There's still plenty of power, but it has less bite than the first few puffs.  Notes of wood, with a faint sweetness are present.


2/3: At 4-1/2 inches long, I get to the 2nd third fairly quickly.  The cigar is still bold, yet smooth.  The wood is still there, and I notice that the faint sweetness lingers a bit too, kind of like cherries or something of the like.  I enjoy the strength, and while it is not overpowering for me, it lets me know it's there.


3/3: Much of the same here.  The MF (My Father, that is) didn't go out, but it did need some help from the flame.  As is the case with most cigars, it got stronger in the final third, but it certainly was at its strongest when I first lit it up.


These are nice smokes.  I wouldn't recommend one to a beginner, as it would be too much for a novice to handle.




Size: 4-1/2 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro (Pelo de Oro)
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.