Sunday, September 18, 2011

Diesel Shorty

Here's another cigar that I've been patiently waiting to try.  It is from a line by AJ Fernandez.  Then there's the whole storyline about it being made for and blended with help from Shorty from the tv show, Pitboss.  Anyways...  to the smoke.
Typical clip and toast.  I must say, this is a handsome looking thing.  It has a very strong pre-light smell of barnyard, and the foot has a distinct chocolate smell.  The Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper has a nice oily sheen, and the wrapper is coffee bean-colored.  With a ring gauge of 60, it is certainly a mouthful.  Some veins are noticeable, but the only issue I had was that one protruding vein could be felt on my upper lip.  Easy fix, rotate 10 degrees.  Problem solved.  Paired with Boulevard ZON.
1/3: Toasted almonds on the light, which led to graham cracker.
2/3: Nice, tight ash!  Good burn line too.  Similar flavors to the first third.  Nice, medium bodied smoke.  I was expecting a real powerhouse, but while the flavors are good, it is not what I would call a "flavor bomb." 
3/3: Woody notes and some mild cinnamon here.  I smoked this one down to a tiny nub, a little further than I do with most cigars because I am not a big fan of the bitterness and charred tastes.  The Shorty, however, smoked smoothly to the last puff.  


I'm glad I have a few more of these aging in the humidor.




























.





Size: 4-1/2 x 60
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.