Monday, September 5, 2011

Don Pepin Garcia Blue Invictos

I picked up a blue label DPG and a black one (Cuban Classic 1979).  I plan to review the black at a later date.  I like a lot of Pepin's stuff, and the lines put out by his son, Jaime Garcia, so I felt it only fair to check out some of the lines I haven't tried yet.

This Invicto has a sweet taste on the lips pre-light.  After clipping and toasting, I certainly taste the classic Pepin spice.

The 1st third was predominantly spicy and peppery.  This is a well-constructed cigar.  The cigar itself looks and feels nice, and the band is classy as well.

The 2nd third led to notes of earth and coffee, and at times I picked up some milk chocolate.

The final third was smooth and creamy.  The cigar at this point was producing some thick, puffy smoke.  Notes of leather are evident here.  As I get to about an inch left, I do experience some bitterness and dryness.

I recently read a review that stated that the black label is more reasonably priced and better tasting than the blue one, and having enjoyed this cigar, I look forward to taking that Cuban Classic out for a spin.



Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan Criollo
Filler: Nicaraguan Criollo & Corojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.