Wednesday, August 17, 2011

K.A. Kendall's 7-20-4 (robusto)





Here is a brand that existed a long time ago, and has more recently been revived by K.A. Kendall.  It has a larger than normal cap with a small pig tail.  The wrapper is chocolate-colored and oily.  After clipping it, the cold draw provided some "tobacco dust," which was fortunately washed away with the Boulevard Amber Ale that I've chosen to pair it with.  

I toast the foot, and get to work, quickly noticing a nice white, wispy smoke.  This stick produces a meaty, chocolatey flavor, which lasts throughout the length of the smoking experience.  The ash is white in color.  

Flavors remain very consistent throughout the first two thirds.  As I hit the final third, there is a slight change which increases the flavor and strength a little bit, and adds roasted nuts.  

I'm usually not a guy who smokes a cigar so far down that it burns my finger tips, but I nubbed this one.  I'm not planning to purchase a box of them, but I really don't have anything negative to say.  It was a pleasant smoke, for sure.  I'd be interested to try one of their Dog Walkers.  


Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Brazilian Mata Fina
Binder: Columbia
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.