Monday, August 15, 2011

Kristoff Sumatra (Robusto)




 I've been letting this stick sit in the humidor for several months now.  I tend to enjoy Sumatra wrappers, and this one is leathery and very oily.  The foot is a little shaggy, and there is a long, tight pigtail (as seen below).  I clipped off the artfully done pigtail, and toasted the foot with my Xikar Crossover. 
















The first third of this cigar gave me notes of rye toast.  I paired it with some red table wine (The Big Red Monster).  Excellent burn.  This cigar is full-bodied, and I picked up plenty of rich leather.  A slight numbing of my gums was evident.  As I approach the 2nd third, the Kristoff mellows out a little, and flavors and strength head towards a medium body.  The ash was going strong at an inch long before I disconnected it.

At the halfway point, things are smooth and pleasant.  The flavors are blending well with those of the wine, giving the smoke a thick mouth feel. 

The final third grew stronger again, with flavors seen previously in the cigar, just a bit heavier.

All in all, and enjoyable cigar.  Can't seem to go wrong with the Sumatra wrappers.

Size: 5-1/2 x 54
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Brazilian
Filler: Dominican/Nicaraguan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.