Monday, August 8, 2011

San Cristobal Elegancia (robusto)

Brand new from the 2011 IPCPR, this cigar is the newest from Ashton & Don Pepin Garcia.  This one is made in the My Father factory. 

First inspection reveals a rich cocoa scent to the wrapper.  The foot smells of coffee.  Clipped the cap, and toasted the foot.  Initially, I get some real bite with pepper.  It's a surprisingly strong start for connecticut wrapper, but I was told that this one isn't what you might expect.  It does taste young to me, so I'm sure it'll be even tastier after some humidor time.

Predominant flavors of wood, nuts, and toast at the 2nd third.

Much of the same in the final third.

Personally, I like the core line better, but again, these are brand spankin' new.  I'd be interested in smoking an aged one after 6-12 months in the humidor.  






Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Connecticut-seed Ecuadorian
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.