Monday, August 15, 2011

Graycliff Professionale PG

Pulled the Graycliff out of my humidor after 9 months of aging.  I started with a pair, having smoked the first one last November to an odd-flavored start, which I recall had recovered nearly an inch into it.  No issues like that this time around.  A beautiful looking stick here.  A clip and a toast, and we're off.

The draw is firm, and the taste is grassy.

In the 2nd third, I pick up dry leaves.  My mouth is a bit dry, so I continue to trade off between puffs of the Professionale and sips of my red wine.  I see what they did here (nod to Avelino Lara) - this cigar could easily be mistaken for a Cuban.

Final third was very good.  Hard to put down, really.  The cigar did require a relight with about an inch and a half to go, and it struggled to get relit.  The last inch or so is hit or miss with me when I smoke.  Sometimes a great cigar goes bitter near the end, and other times it just wow's me.  This was closer to the latter.  I enjoyed it down till my fingers were burning.

The price of these make it tough to consider buying a box, but when purchased in sampler packs, these can really be worth the cost. 




Size: 5-1/4 x 50
Wrapper: Indonesian
Binder: ?
Filler: Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras, Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.