Monday, August 1, 2011

J. Fuego Sangre de Toro (robusto) 4-7/8 x 49

Rob at Cigars & More recommended this one by Jesus Fuego.  New this year, I believe, Sangre de Toro translates to "bull's blood."  A nice chocolate-colored wrapper here, the band moving around a little loosely, and not entirely stuck at the end, leaving somewhat of a flap.  As a collector of my bands, I think they could have done a little better on this one, which is cheaply glossy.

Enough about the band.  This smoke was described to me as a heavy medium.  I think I agree with that assessment.  Draw is a little loose.  Flavor is a nice, earthy tobacco with a hint of floral.

Hitting the 2nd third, the smoke has gotten thicker and more plentiful.  The Sangre de Toro seems to go well with black coffee.  No real pepper or spiciness to comment on.  Great burn so far.  At this point, the ash is a little flakey and light, but it's not causing me any issues.  Some woody taste is noticeable, and the smoke is creamy in the mouth.  Speaking of that, there's an almost warm mouth feel to it, if that makes sense.

In the final third, I'm sensing some nicotine, but no real pepper or spiciness still - odd for any cigar in the final third.  Still, absolutely zero burn issues.  I taste that the woodiness is increasing, but I'm surprised at how this cigar hasn't gotten even remotely harsh.  The last few draws gave me a sweet pepper (both a pleasant surprise and a nice finish).

I think it's safe to say that this J. Fuego cigar has progressively gotten better third by third.  I'm nubbing it for sure.  Good smoke for the price. 






I'm going to see about adding some of the stats I haven't posted in previous reviews.  Let's see if I can maintain it.

Size: 4-7/8 x 49
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Colorado
Binder: Nicaraguan Criollo
Filler: Nicaraguan Corojo and Criollo
Price: $6.00 +tax

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.