Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Exclusivo Natural

This is my first Padron Anniversario...
Pre-light gave a very nice smell.  It measured at 5-1/8 inches.  Pairing this one with an Australian Shiraz.  The '64 was loose with some resistance.  As usual, I toasted the foot, and started 'er up.

Very spicy on the light, and that heavy spiciness lasted to 1/2 inch, where it lost some of its bite.  From the start I've been getting very thick, light-grayish smoke.


 To continue to describe the experience, I recognize a dark oily ring around the burn line, which is fairly straight with some occasional waviness.  The ash is a nice light gray, almost white.  At 1.5-2.0 inches in, the '64 is mild-medium in strength, with a creamy finish.  I pick up a light nuttiness along with toast.  After a retrohale, I notice a numbness on the roof of my mouth.  

At the 2/3 mark, it gets meaty.  A nice, long pull provides me with the sound of the burn line creeping up.

In the final third, the burn line needs a little touch-up, and not much long after that, the draw tells me that I either have to start pulling hard or it's going to go out.  I opt to torch it up rather than make myself ill.

As I get down to the nub, this stick is at full strength and body.  The pepper is back in full force here.

All in all, this was a very good cigar.  I can't say that this is the best cigar I've ever had, or even that it is in my top 3, despite all the positive comments from other smokers floating around out there.  Either way, it was good, and I'm glad I finally tried one.  Burn time: 90 minutes
3.75/4.0 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.