Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tatuaje Havana VI Noble

About time that I tried this stick!

Lately I've been hearing a lot of buzz around the Tatuaje brand, Pete Johnson and his affiliation with Don "Pepin" Garcia.  I was expecting good things from this cigar, and I did thoroughly enjoy it.  I'm looking forward to trying the 7th Reserva, which is chilling in the humidor.  This cigar was gifted to me (thanks, Bret!), and had just arrived on the doorstep from CI.  Not bad for having been in transit for the last few days. 

The construction was solid, and the pre-light sniff didn't disappoint.  I was smoking this one with a glass of red wine, and with company, so didn't take any notes, but I'm sure this won't be my last.  Hey, the tobacco companies aren't knocking down my door with freebies to review so if I don't give much of an in depth breakdown, I doubt anyone will lose any sleep.

Looking back however, I did expect some serious spice and pepper on the light, but that power punch was not there (which is fine with me).  The flavors to start were more medium-bodied, and I noticed some woody, sort of cedar notes.   Throughout - and in no particular order - I picked up hints of chocolate, nuts, and maybe some leather, with periods of a bit of sweetness and cinnamon.  It won't knock you on your butt, but it has the flavor complexity that makes it interesting and enjoyable. 

I will say that this cigar lived up to my expectations, and it definitely won't be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online MarketingAdd blog to our blog directory.